Author Topic: Midair - Are we all on board?  (Read 2144 times)

Offline ChocoTaco

• Reputation Power: 11
  • ChocoTaco is on the verge of being accepted.ChocoTaco is on the verge of being accepted.ChocoTaco is on the verge of being accepted.ChocoTaco is on the verge of being accepted.ChocoTaco is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
Re: Midair - Are we all on board?
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2018, 12:11:47 PM »

Pretty nice day 1

Offline Faeywin

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Faeywin has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2018, 01:38:57 AM »
Unlocks got fixed, but the solution was hidden away and not promoted well.
Now that I actually have a grenade launcher and an energy pack, it's not so bad. I'm enjoying it. However, vehicles are a complete pain to pilot and are forced 3rd person. Ascend also had this problem, and it baffles me. Tanks are also hilariously bugged and will fly through the air and all over the place, they hover a bit too much and will take off.

Offline talent

• Reputation Power: 0
  • talent has no influence.
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2018, 04:44:53 PM »
-_^ you have my attention

Offline Heat

• SCP Admin
  • Super Admin
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Heat is working their way up.Heat is working their way up.Heat is working their way up.
    • View Profile
    • BamaPride.com - Roll Tide!
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2018, 12:30:06 PM »
If by on board you mean not playing, yea I'm on board

Lies. I see you.

I fell off the wagon but am back on. Playing as SpacePants atm. Was O z z y.
x

Offline fASE-2

• Reputation Power: 1
  • fASE-2 has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2018, 05:48:48 PM »
i gave it a chance today... still rocking my khakis w/ a cuff and a crease... still not loving police.

its hard to imagine worse graphics than t2 17 years later.  the players all seem weird... like bort and eliza from across the tracks.

Offline JesusChrist

• JesusChrist is on the verge of being accepted.JesusChrist is on the verge of being accepted.JesusChrist is on the verge of being accepted.JesusChrist is on the verge of being accepted.JesusChrist is on the verge of being accepted.
  • " Super Admin "
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2018, 10:15:10 PM »
I wish Archetype success with their game and I have no problems with anyone who enjoys Midair, but I am not on board. Whoever dislikes Midair is free to not play it and play the older Tribes games instead. People don't have to trash the game or force suggestions on Archetype's site because it's their game and their decisions. The only valid complaints are the one from backers who were not delivered what Archetype promised, or us who are discussing Midair on a different site.

All I see in Midair already exists in Tribes 2 Classic. Plus, T2 has more features and content, especially community content, and is a more polished game with a distinct look and feel. The good artstyle makes T2 look good despite it being ugly by today's graphic standards. It has "powerful/crunchy" sounds, and the soundtrack and voices are way better. And what was broken in Base, from a T1 player's perspective, was fixed in Classic.

The funny thing is that T1 players think that T2 players are loving this, and Midair is a game catered for T2 players.

"JesusChrist, he dies for your sins"

Offline ChocoTaco

• ChocoTaco is on the verge of being accepted.ChocoTaco is on the verge of being accepted.ChocoTaco is on the verge of being accepted.ChocoTaco is on the verge of being accepted.ChocoTaco is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2018, 03:28:43 PM »
Population is dropping a good bit

Offline Red Shifter

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Red Shifter has no influence.
  • u mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2018, 04:53:37 PM »
they literally added The Jackal to the game

Offline colblair

• colblair has no influence.
  • Newborn
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2018, 10:17:56 PM »
sort of a combo between jackal & arx buster

Offline JesusChrist

• JesusChrist is on the verge of being accepted.JesusChrist is on the verge of being accepted.JesusChrist is on the verge of being accepted.JesusChrist is on the verge of being accepted.JesusChrist is on the verge of being accepted.
  • " Super Admin "
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2018, 02:51:54 AM »
Just wanna say... I don't play Midair or Ascend. If you see anyone with my name there, it's not me. After all, Jesus is the most un-unique name, lol.
"JesusChrist, he dies for your sins"

Offline colblair

• Newborn
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2018, 12:13:34 AM »

Offline ZurkinWood497

• ZurkinWood497 has no influence.
  • An Ol' Whipper Snapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2018, 08:47:17 PM »
If you played in the Beta and got the Manaborn pass, the game is half good. But it's also half bad. It's 50/50 in my book. There's a lot of rough edges that they simply ignored in development. But what annoys me the most is that you're stuck with one voice, one skin, unless you pay up for it. I don't remember paying for my Sworder skin in T2, or my Iceman voiceset. I know it's just cosmetics, but it's really stupid to not even make them an unlock. Just a money grab.

That being the case, you might see me on there once in a pink moon. ズルーキン木497 is my name on there. I might get on now, dunno. Gonna do it just to give it a fully in-depth review on Steam.
-Time be with You-

Offline colblair

• Newborn
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2018, 09:39:11 PM »
You can get all the skins just from playing. Voice packs you need to buy though.

Tags: