Author Topic: Bulwark Dance - the bastard child of Reynard  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Rooster128

• Reputation Power: 3
  • Rooster128 has no influence.
  • Space Cowboy
    • View Profile
Bulwark Dance - the bastard child of Reynard
« on: June 06, 2016, 10:14:45 AM »

A serverside map possibly coming to a pub near you! (??) S5-Reynard Ships on the S8-Zilch terrain. Ships are lower to the ground and more easily accessible than they were in Reynard. Terrain is very smooth and cozy, a straight shot from one base to the other. Flags 800m apart roughly? Flags are inside the ships on the bridge, making for some stupid ridiculous spamtastic times (seems to be all the rage these days eh?)

Quite possibly the stupidest name ever, but I couldn't decide on a better one IDGAF OMG LOL
Watch out for people always bragging about who they are, a lion will never have to tell me it's a lion.

Offline Rooster128

• Space Cowboy
    • View Profile
Re: Bulwark Dance - the bastard child of Reynard
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 10:16:28 AM »
been talking with Heat about it- might not be a good idea. basically my thought process was, with the popularity of jagged claw and that 26 player binge on snowblind last night- and the fact that a few of us from IRC seem to have rather fond memories of drifts (not drafts) and recalescence (that surprised me ill be honest, but a well known top tier HO whose name i will not mention said it was his favorite HO map)- that maybe a map with an indoor flag might be interesting (it'd be HO-centric and rapetastic for sure...)

but the ship is very close quarters, and i'm not sure if players have the patience for a map like this. worth a shot though maybe?

what say you- would this piss you off? or does this scream YEA LETS DO THIS SHIT
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 12:05:19 PM by Rooster128 »
Watch out for people always bragging about who they are, a lion will never have to tell me it's a lion.

Offline rJay_R116

• Reputation Power: 8
  • rJay_R116 might someday be someone...rJay_R116 might someday be someone...rJay_R116 might someday be someone...rJay_R116 might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 05:21:59 PM »
Let's do this!
Romans 1:16

Offline Halo 2

• Reputation Power: 7
  • Halo 2 is working their way up.Halo 2 is working their way up.Halo 2 is working their way up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 12:31:54 PM »
indoor maps rape. scarabrae... drifts... jaggedclaw etc. the thing with the inside of the bases on this map with the spaceships isn't any good. from what i remember on reynard the entrances to get in are way too small to start. so i mean most of the time you're not even going to get inside the base against a competent HD. if i was HDing this map all i would do is hide right inside the corner from spam and then come out and clog up the hole when ppl tried to get in. it would guaranteed take 3-4 good HO to break one entrance. all you need to do is get 2 HD on these doors and your base is impregnable. similar to what you used to see on stonehenge turtles... you simply can't get in and LD fuck u up outside anyway before you even get close.

take notes from the legendary maps. they know you need atleast a few different ways to get inside a base like that. and then once you're in make the areas inside bigger and add turrets and whatever else you want for that epic indoors game. you're promoting this map as an "indoor map" and yet the indoors part of it is flawed heavily. just my 2c i m sorry
~ <3 ~

Offline Rooster128

• Space Cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 08:19:38 PM »
halo 2 i respect you but i think you'd wrong in this instance. the worse part about reynard was that the ship was sitting up high, and in this map they'd be much lower. the enterances are actually very large- and very forgiving- compared to many maps we regularly play.

the one thing i will vouche for- the enterances were up waaay too high. regardless though, i'd like to hear your opinion, do you think a map like this would work?

Offline rJay_R116

• Reputation Power: 8
  • rJay_R116 might someday be someone...rJay_R116 might someday be someone...rJay_R116 might someday be someone...rJay_R116 might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 11:23:54 AM »
I think so. But what do I know?
Romans 1:16

Tags: